The idea behind the Everesting concept couldn’t be simpler: run up a hill until you reach 8,848m – the height of Mount Everest.
The reality is a relentless endurance battle that will push you to your physical and mental limits.
Achieve a level difference equal to Mount Everest and you’ll become a member of the RARE Everesting 8,848+ Elite Club.
For your Everesting attempt to be approved, you must:
- Accumulate +8,848 m level difference;
Follow the marked route to the summit of Rarau;
- Descend the marked route from the summit of Rarau (same)
- No sleep – you must complete the challenge in one period;
- Breaks (eating, drinking, recharging) are included in your time;
- You must reach the summit each time;
- You must get down safely and return to base camp;
- Time limit 30h max;
Everyone who makes at least 1 ascent will receive the FINISHER medal
Between 2 and up to 9 climbs, you will receive an engraving on the FINISHER medal with your name, time, and total accumulated elevation in the competition.
For 10 climbs you will receive the above + the special RARAU Everesting 8.848+ Elite Club trophy.
For the first edition of Rarau Everesting 130 participants are registered.
Leave a comment on how many athletes will climb 10 peaks of Rarau in less than 30 hours?