Beetroot soup with vegetable chips
Soup of beetroot, parsnip, black beans and garlic with sour cream and vegetable chips.
45 min | 4 portions | Post-Run;
This recipe is cooked especially during quarantine. If you don’t have a quarantine on hand, you can make a pot for the moment when you are getting ready to train or when you invite your friends to visit.
The parsley flavor will be as strong as that of Anise and the beans will give it a pleasant consistency and the vegetable chips will make the soup crispy. Unexpected.
400 g parsnip
400 g beetroot
2 toe garlic
30 g unsalted butter or margarine
1 liter vegetable stock of tablet
800 g black beans tin of 400 g, drained
125 g sour cream
100 g Vegetable Chips
- Peel the parsnips and beets and cut into 2 cm pieces. Chop the shallots and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat the butter in a (soup) pan and fry the shallot and aniseed for 3 minutes on low heat. Add the parsnip, beet and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Put the beans in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain. Remove the pan from the heat and puree the soup with the hand blender.
- Put back on the fire and add the beans. Heat for another 5 minutes on low heat. Season with pepper.
- Divide the soup over the bowls. Spoon 1 tbsp sour cream in each bowl and serve with the vegetable chips.
Do you need a running coach?
Train with robert hajnal 2nd place at 2018 utmb